Welcome to my blog

For years I have campaigned against puppy farming, dealers and pet shops, in fact any outlet that is involved in the breeding and selling of puppies by third parties. Why you may ask? Because it is a clandestine trade that lacks public awareness and Governments fail miserably to accept that puppy farming resulting in puppy trafficking is detrimental to animal welfare. Through my thoughts on my blog I will highlight some of the daily happenings from my perspective as a campaigner against the puppy trade.







Disclaimer: My name is Patricia from Puppy Alert, the opinions and views expressed on this blog are entirely my own.



Wednesday 13 July 2011

Mathew & Patricia Whelan together with daughter Brenda Whelan O'Brian

Mathew and Patricia Whelan together with their daughter Brenda Whelan O'Brian were banned from keeping and owning dogs for 5 years after a Judge at Luton Magistrates Court described the 'chaotic puppy farm as woefully inadequate'.  They all were found guilty of the charges bought against them.  The whole article in the local press can be read here.

http://www.dunstabletoday.co.uk/news/local/chaotic_puppy_farm_trio_given_dog_ban_order_1_2856770

They were breeding unlicensed and selling puppies that became sick after purchase. Some of you reading this may recall that they were previously licensed by S Bedfordshire Council as a pet shop (but selling puppies from their home) and advertising on the Internet as PupsonLine.

No comments:

Post a Comment